prayer
My domestic help, Roehani, just told me her grandpa might be/is dying at home. In her simple English, she spoke of how she was praying for him to her God, hoping that she would be able to see him at least once before he slips away. Her mum told her that people speculated that her grandpa would not live past these 5 days, because he seemed weak and could not speak (he was discharged from hospital after 4 days). Though her face do not show it, I heard sorrow in her voice, anxious feelings, heartache and how much she misses her grandpa.
This diminished every thing that seemed so important to my life the past few days. The knowledge that one is passing on from life on earth to beyond means never seeing him or her any more on this earth; this grave and infinitely true fact is so final. While there is always hope that we may reunite in heaven, we can never be so sure. Even when, if I may say, that by faith in Jesus Christ's gift of salvation that I have crossed the chasm of sin to reunite with God, but based on that, I believe that those that I love who have gone on, and many I do not know, will not enter the gates of heaven. It emphasizes the importance of this moment we have on earth, how much we should treasure it, to be right here right now for the people we love.
Just a feeling of..sadness. For her grandpa.
Please pray for her grandpa.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home