oh my goodness
I gotta type this down somewhere. I just talked to this friend on the phone. She is really out of the world, a shooting star, a comet, a fireball that just aims and POW! shocks the world.
She says she wants to learn a wind instrument in 6 months, and learn the piano as well, because she does not want to live and regret that she never touched the instrument before. She has decided on the clarinet after much decision making, and I will be assisting her in looking for reeds, for a instrument, for a teacher. She said that all her life in secondary school, though she was not in a performing arts CCA nor did she pick up any instrument, plus she was in many many leadership positions, but she wished at the bottom of her heart that she learnt music. AND now, at the age of 18, she is going to pick it up. Her goal: to play in a wind orchestra in 6 months time.
It sounds absolutely crazy to me at first. BUT her conviction, her bullet train speech that took my breath away, convinced me so much that I'm going to help her achieve this dream. She says "If you want something, you really must go all out for it" and it really struck me to see her really going all out for EVERYTHING she wants; her uni course, her dream, her life.
She's a non Christian by the way. It shames me to say, I have never went all out for Christ the way she did though we shout it, we proclaim it, we sing it. Too long have fear and doubt crippled us. Step out in faith, out of your comfort zone. BE the light, not just imagine it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home